This handy box from Daisy’s and Jewels was so easy to put together with Daisy’s mdf glue.
I love the Scrapberry papers in this set and wanted to use my favourite for the box lid, to match the storage box I have made previously.
The mdf colour works well with the paper so I used Decoart chalk paint Relic and Lace.
I “scrambled” the paint on with scrunched kitchen towel to get the effect I wanted. I painted a border of Relic to set off the paper on the lid.
Perfect to fit papers inside!
hope you like this quick and easy project
I was so excited to receive Seth Apter ‘s Baked Texture embossing powders.
After a play I put them on a pencil box from Daisy’s Jewels which is the perfect size to hold the jars.
I started with a sheet of watercolour paper I covered in small pieces of collage papers, tissue paper, scrapbook paper and old book pages. The edges were inked with Vintage Photo DI.
I stamped the next layer with Seth Apter star and Archival ink.
Then the fun!!! Three layers of Vintage Beeswax then sprinkles of Chunky Rust and Vintage Patina into the hot melted powder. The sides of the lid piece were edges with Tarnidhed Black powder. I added silver letters cut from a TH die.
When it was cool the backing peeled off the edges and tore into strips which I glued onto the sides and top. I had to weight it down whilst it was drying.
I assembled the box and painted it with DecoArt Quin Gold. I left the inside plain as I like the appearance.
The lid was hinged with strong black tape.
I am really pleased with my new two compartments storage box. It is MDF from Daisys and Jewels.
It fitted together easily with Daisys MDF Glue. I painted the inside black and used Scrapberry paper on the front and sides. I die cut pieces and mounted drawer pulls on top to label.
This was quick and easy and really useful storage.
I love this stencil drawer from Daisy’s. The mdf fits together easily, the drawers have letters to match. I used Daisy’s glue and painted the edges black when it was dry.
I wanted to show my new Tim Holtz paper pad, the 8×8 inch was perfect to fit on the sides and top. I inked the edges with Vintage Photo DI.
The drawers were strips from the same collection. There are mdf drawer pulls but I wanted to use ribbon because it showed off the papers. I poked a hole through where the mdf should slot in and threaded to ribbon, knotting it at the back.
The draws are perfect for stencil storage.
Hope you enjoy creating yours!
I really enjoyed making this little fairy mobile.
I was just nspired by a small piece of driftwood I found on Brighton Beach.
I cut a piece of corrugated card smaller than the wood and broke the driftwood into pieces to glue on being able to slot the mdf shapes between.
I used alcohol ink pens to colour the mdf. The star was then dipped into embossing powder, heated then glittered with TH glass glitter.
The fairy had silver power embossed on her hair, gold over the wing and clear tinsel on her dress. The blue on the mushroom was embossed to link with her dress. She also has red embossed lips to match the toadstool.
I added moss and paper roses to fill the gaps.
I had send florist wire to curve the shape, adding loops for the hanging wire and star.
The final touch was 3 D snow!
Hope you enjoy, I am inspired to make some Christmas wreaths a similar way!
So excited to have my samples on the November show on Thursday, 3 pm and 7 pm. The theme is Fairies!
I really enjoyed making this cupboard with two shelves inside. The front is hinged to open.
i played with the new Daisy stencils, moon and stars using silver paint, Crackle paste and Pearlescent Texture Paste.
the frame was covered in embossed silver duck tape.
The mdf fairy was coloured with alcohol pens and sari silk on her dress.
A close up of the stencilling.
I painted with metallics the cute nightlight holders. I know who wants these for Christmas!
enjoy the show x
I was so excited to get this mdf clock from Daisy’s. Perfect for my craftroom.
Steampunk was the obvious choice for a theme. I wanted to create an idea of movement with the cogs so the idea of a dripping tap evolved. The water changed colour due to alchemy!
I brayered the clock face with Titan Buff, Prussian Blue, Paynes Grey and Quin Gold DecoArt fluid acrylics.
I used archival black to stamp Crackle. I heat embossed Andy Skinner numbers and works using Tarnished Silver powder.
The centre was made with embossed duct tape and black paint. The cogs and arrows had rust treatment. The pipe and funnel were distressed with white and burnt umber paints to look like chipped old paintwork.
The water is crushed glass.
Daisy’s now has a fan club, check it out on face book. Please apply to join, it’s a closed group for sharing our projects.
I hope you like it
Lots of great goodies! Daisy’s will be on Hochanda on Wednesday, two shows with Jo Austin at 3 pm and 7pm.
Here are some of my samples
I used the new flower stencils on this mdf kit to create fun coasters and holder. I used DecoArt fluid acrylics brayered onto the wood, then stamped and stencilled on top.
This versatile mdf frame was assembled then painted. I used pearlescent texture paste through the daisy stencil and added a half pearl to the flower before the paste dried.
I hope you watch the show and enjoy seeing all the DT beautiful projects.
I wanted to use the Daisys mdf house kit with my favourite TH papers. My new paperdoll cutouts, embossing folders, stamps AND Distress Oxide Inks!
I used the Oxides to paint the stamps with a waterbrush.
I love my little house, just need to fill it with Tim things!